Sometimes we just accept that some things are unavoidable expenses that we can’t save on, especially household bills. You’ll be pleased to know, however, that I’ve found an app that can actually take the stress out of household bill management! So, without further ado, here’s how to stop wasting money on household bills.
The Frugal Frenchie
I have collaborated with BillButler today, to tell you a bit about their app and how you can use it to save you money on future household bills.
BillButler is a service that wants to help you feel less overwhelmed by your bills, as well as making it easier for you to monitor your spending and payment methods. On your dashboard screen, you can view and track all your outgoings (including broadband, TV, phone, water, electricity etc.) so you don’t miss any and to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
Continue reading “How to stop wasting money on household bills with BillButler”
Black Friday! The day of sales! Or is it? Sometimes companies up their prices just before Black Friday so that they can put it down to the original price on the day and people think it’s a bargain! Don’t get caught out by it, if you know how, it can save you a lot of money, so here are 5 top tips for Black Friday.
The Frugal Frenchie x
Set a budget
- By doing this, there’s no chance of you overspending or getting carried away by good deals. Buy what you need or what can be useful and think carefully before parting from your cash!
Wait until Black Friday for your “must-have” purchases
- If you look through your inbox, you might see emails from companies about promotions or exclusive deals… what they’ll also do, is send you emails to remind you of items that are still in your checkout or shopping bag. If you keep items in there for a while, companies will often send you a discount code to encourage you to finish the purchase
Plan for the future
- As is the case with Boxing Day Sales, January Sales or Cyber Monday, if you find something that you know others will like for future gifts, be it for a wedding, baptism, birthday etc. stock up while it’s at a discount!
Walk into stores and only spend cash
- With the invention of online banking and online shopping, it’s sooo easy to spend more than you expect or plan to. If you’re rubbish at sticking to a budget, then why not physically visit stores and only bring cash with you? That way it’s impossible to go over as your purse will then be empty. I personally use this method and I find it super helpful
Compare, compare, compare
- To avoid thinking you’re getting a bargain when in fact it’s just the retail price, compare the same or similar items on different websites. If you’re looking for a new phone for example, Carphone Warehouse, might offer a different price than EE, who has an equally good phone on offer. I’m sure you’ll be surprised at your findings!
So, everyone, that’s it! I hope you find some great bargains and if you do, let me know about them before! I’ll be posting some deals on my social media during the day too, so give me a follow there so you don’t miss out.